What are 'Sun Readers' and Why Do I Need Them?
With summer in full-swing, people everywhere are outside enjoying the sun, and sunglasses are a necessity. However, if you regularly wear reading glasses, you must switch between your readers and shades to enjoy a book at the beach or read a menu on a restaurant patio. Luckily, sun readers solve this problem.
Types of Sun Readers
Also known as sunglass readers or reading sunglasses, these sunglasses include a reading prescription and tinted lens for sun protection. There are two main types:
- Bifocal sunglasses are sunglasses that have a small area of magnification at the bottom (shown below). These are perfect if you need to check on your kids in the pool while enjoying a book on a deck chair. They also provide full UVA/UVB protection from the sun.
- Full-frame sun readers are similar in size to reading glasses. The entire lens is magnified (shown below), and you look over the top of the frame to see into the distance. Your eyes are protected from the sun only while reading (looking through the lens).
Benefits of Sun Readers
- Convenience - You don’t have to switch glasses or keep track of two different pairs.
- Safety - Keep an eye on children while reading or check your speedometer when driving.
- Comfort - Avoid headaches from sun glare.
- Style - Swap out the reading glasses for a great looking pair of sun readers to coordinate with your bathing suit and summer attire.
Shop I Heart Eyewear's Reading Sunglasses for Men and Women
I Heart Eyewear offers a wide range of readers, reading sunglasses for men and women, available in various powers, lens tints and other features. Plus, you’ll always receive free shipping (in the U.S.) for orders over $35. We have the best selection and prices on all reading glasses and reading sunglasses, so shop I Heart Eyewear and order yours today!