Reading Eyewear and Sunglasses are Key for Healthy Vision
Those of us who wear glasses spend serious time considering which eyeglass frames will look best on our faces. But how many of us also stop and think about how our habits affect our eye health? Follow these tips for healthy eyes, so that picking out frames is the only difficult eye decision you have to make:
- Wear sunglasses. UV exposure can do damage to your eyes, just as it does your skin. Remember your sunglasses even in the winter when it’s cloudy to protect your eyes from 99% of eye-damaging UV exposure.
- Eat healthy foods. Foods rich in lutein, omega-3s, and vitamin C are great for your eye health. Berries are beneficial for your eyes, as are bright green veggies, avocados, and citrus fruits. Salmon and sardines are known for high levels of omega-3s, and legumes and grass-raised beef can also be a healthy diet staple. Eat these foods to avoid eye conditions like glaucoma and macular degeneration.
- Choose the right power level for reading glasses. Many places have a simple eye chart that can help you determine which level of magnification is right for your eyes. Our reading eye chart is available to print out, so you can check your reading glasses power level from the convenience of your own home. The wrong strength can cause headaches and strain your eyes over time.
- Take a break from technology. Look away from the computer every so often to avoid strain, blurry vision, and dry eyes. Follow the 20/20/20 rule by looking away at something 20 feet away, every 20 minutes, for 20 seconds.
- Don’t skip checkups. Your vision may seem fine to you, but your eye doctor can check your eye health from the inside out. Eye doctors may also see signs of other illnesses, such as diabetes, just from looking at your eyes.
Great Looking Reading Glasses are Just a Click Away
Need great, stylish new reading glasses? Browse the I Heart Eyewear catalogue online, and shop by type, color, style, and shape! Our quality reading glasses are priced for any budget, and most of them are under $20! Shop www.ihearteyewear.com today for all of your eyewear needs.