How to Choose Great Looking Reading Glasses
For many of us, our glasses complete our outfit… the wrong pair can ruin it! One way to think about choosing new eyeglasses is to look deep into your style, wardrobe and overall look. What kind of person are you? Whom do you want to become? Based on your lifestyle and personality, certain glasses might be more functional or appropriate. Determining which designer eyeglass frames will work for you, based on lifestyle, personality, aesthetics and vision needs is no picnic. Below, we've catalogued common looks based on various personality types and lifestyles:
- Business professionals. For the businessperson, we recommend a conservative style and recognizable frame shape. Thin frames in neutral tones are best.
- On-the-go parents. For busy moms and dads, a basic yet stylish pair of glasses works great. Interesting colors can add a bit of fashion to a basic frame. Make sure the glasses are durable -- your little ones will almost certainly want to wear them and accidentally or intentionally test their flexibility! Our Bendz Readers are perfect for their sleek, ultra-flexible frames, and available in a variety of colors and styles.
- Creative minds. Modern shapes and thick plastics frequently pair well with bold and unusual colors. If you're a creative person or professional, your glasses should speak to your personality and be fun. (Or is it more creative and avant-garde to reject this "traditional" creative stereotyping? You be the judge!)
- Students. Young adulthood is the time to experiment with style. Students might consider unique colors and shapes to give their glasses a hip feel, just like these Booker Reading Glasses with wood frames and distinct brow bridge.
- Older adults. For older individuals, a pair of quality reading glasses can help you stay connected to the world through the news and through books. Avoid dull and dark colors, and choose a modern frame to keep you looking younger.
Shop Today for Quality Reading Glasses Under $20
At I Heart Eyewear, you’ll find the perfect pair of glasses for your lifestyle and personality. Shop by type, shape, style, and even sort by color or pattern! If you’re in need of prescription eyeglasses, choose our “no power” lenses and take them to your eye doctor to fill with your prescription. We make it easy to find great looking reading glasses for any budget!